Liturgy at Clear Creek Abbey
Liturgy and Divine Office
The Divine Office and Holy Mass are celebrated in Latin and sung in Gregorian Chant. The Liturgy of Mass is celebrated according to the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite The monks also observe the complete Benedictine horarium.
Below is a partial schedule:
• LOW MASSES around 6:35 to 6:45 a.m. (Sundays around 7a.m.)
• PRIME at 8:00 a.m.
• SUNG HIGH MASS: 10 a.m., preceded by TERCE
• SEXT at 12:50 p.m.
• NONE at 2:35 p.m. weekdays, 3:00 p.m. Sundays, 2:45 p.m. Holy Days
• VESPERS: 6 p.m. during the week, 5 p.m. on Sundays and Holy Days
• BENEDICTION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT follows Vespers on Sundays and Holy Days. On those same days, two hours of adoration before the Blessed Sacrament follow None and precede Vespers.
High Mass is celebrated each Sunday for the intentions of our benefactors
The faithful are asked to be appropriately attired when entering the monastic Oratory.